- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tspn vanilla
- 1 tspn white vinegar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 5-10 drops orange food coloring (I use gel coloring because it’s more vivid)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 5-10 drops orange food coloring (again with the gel)
- 12 gummy eyeballs – I found mine at Target in the Halloween candy aisle.
- red food-safe pen
How to Make Creepy Eyeball Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place liners in a cupcake pan.
- To make the cupcakes, mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 1/3 cup increments.
- Blend until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the cupcake pan and place in the oven for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center-most cupcakes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- While that’s cooling, open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water or just set aside for chugging later, whatever.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla to the coconut cream.
- Mix on high 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy.
- Fold-in food coloring, if you like it inconsistent (that’s how I do it, because I’m cray-cray that way).
- Place in piping bags and pipe onto each cupcake however you want (I used a star tip, but you don’t have to–you’re going to smoosh most of it with the eyeball anyway).
- Plop an eyeball on each cupcake.
- Gently doodle a few veins on each eyeball with the food-safe pen.